Learning How to Swim at The Y
At the YMCA of West Central Florida, swim lessons emphasize water safety and skill development in a safe environment!
Group Swim Lessons:
Swim Starters: Ages 6 months - 3 years
- Infants and toddlers are accompanied by their parents as they learn to be comfortable in the water
- The primary focus is on water discovery and water exploration which covers topics such as:
- Water exit and entry
- Back and front floating
- Rolling in the water
Swim Basics: Ages 3+
- Students learn more about personal water safety and work to master two benchmark skills
- The primary focus is on Water acclimation, movement, and stamina and covers topics such as:
- Front glide
- Swimming on their front and backs
Swim Strokes: Ages 3+
- Students learn additional water safety skills and build on their stroke techniques.
- The primary focus is on Stroke introduction, development, and mechanics and covers topics such as:
- Water endurance
- Front and back crawl
- Treading water
- and much more!