Learning How to Swim at The Y
At the YMCA of West Central Florida, swim lessons emphasize water safety and skill development in a safe environment!
Group Swim Lessons:
Swim Starters: Ages 6 months - 3 years
- Infants and toddlers are accompanied by their parents as they learn to be comfortable in the water
- The primary focus is on water discovery and water exploration which covers topics such as:
- Water exit and entry
- Back and front floating
- Rolling in the water
Swim Basics: Ages 3+
- Students learn more about personal water safety and work to master two benchmark skills
- The primary focus is on Water acclimation, movement, and stamina and covers topics such as:
- Front glide
- Swimming on their front and backs
Swim Strokes: Ages 3+
- Students learn additional water safety skills and build on their stroke techniques.
- The primary focus is on Stroke introduction, development, and mechanics and covers topics such as:
- Water endurance
- Front and back crawl
- Treading water
- and much more!
See our Swim Lessons Schedule For The Lakeland Family YMCA
See our Swim Lessons Schedule For The Lake Wales Family YMCA
See our Swim Lessons Schedule For Fontaine Gills Family YMCA